You know that crazy question, “if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?” Well, here’s my even crazier answer: salad. Even though I possibly have the biggest sweet tooth on the island of Manhattan, I could eat a ginormous savory salad everyday for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and midnight snack. There are literally endless combinations of greens, fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and blended dressings that make for the most delicious mixtures.
This particular salad was inspired by a photo that Christine from Just Glowing With Health posted to Instagram this past week (If you haven’t already, do check out her site for more great recipes, info, and resources!). Since I already had all the ingredients (what looked to be) in my fridge, I attempted to recreate it and now I’m happy to share my rendition:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Servings: One large salad
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 cups chopped romaine
- 1/8 of a large jicama, sliced into long strips
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 of an avocado, sliced
- 1 TBSP raw sunflower seeds
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 of a zucchini
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1. Toss all of the salad ingredients together.
2. In a Vitamix or other high-speed blender, blend the dressing ingredients until completely smooth and pour over the salad mixture.