Happy Valentines Day! Forget the box of chocolates– it’s time to grab your date (pitted, of course), make some sweet raw vegan valentine heart cookies, and show your body some love. In fact, you can change up the shape of the cookie stencil to make these perfect for any holiday!
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Yield: Approximately 15- 2″ cookies
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 3 TBSP raw carob powder
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 2 TBSP raw grated coconut
- 2 TBSP raw cocoa nibs
1. Place dates, 1 TBSP carob powder, cinnamon, and walnuts in a food processor and purée the mixture. It will become a thick, buttery consistency, which may take up to two minutes of processing, depending on your machine.
2. Scoop the “dough” onto a large piece of wax paper and gently press it down until you have a about a 1/8″ thick slab (Tip: if your dough is too sticky, wet your fingers and continue pressing). Place the slab of dough in the freezer for 10 minutes to let it set.
3. As your dough sets, pour cocoa nibs, grated coconut, and the remaining carob powder on three separate plates.
4. Remove the dough from the freezer and with a 2″ heart-shaped cookie stencil (or any size/shape of your choice), begin stenciling out your dough. When your first slab is stenciled, roll it up, re-flatten, and continue stenciling until you use up all of the dough.
5. One-by-one, dip each heart into either the coconut, cocoa nibs, or carob and coat completely. Store any leftover cookies (yeah, right) in the fridge.
Feeling fruity? Use your heart cookie cutters to create some valentine melon!