You know when you start listening to a new song and you love it so much that you play it on repeat until you’re singing it in your sleep? Well that’s the best analogy I can think of for how I’m feeling about this chopped zucchini salad that I threw together last week for dinner. I made it for the first time this past Friday night and have made it three times since (it’s now Monday). I even made it for some non-raw family members who wanted to give it two thumbs up but their hands were too busy reaching for seconds. It’s amazingly refreshing and I promise you can eat bowl after bowl and not have that heavy, uncomfortable feeling that traditional Italian pasta salads give you. Still not convinced? How about this– It only takes 15 minutes max to make! Oh, and it’s also fat free!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Approximately 3.5 cups of pasta (one large bowl)
- 2 zucchinis
- 1/6 of a red onion
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2/3 cup chopped cauliflower
1. Using a spiralizer or a julienne peeler, spiralize or julienne both zucchinis. Using a knife, chop the spirals or the julienned strings into approximately one inche pieces and place in a large bowl.
2. Combine red onion, basil leaves, Italian parsley, and garlic in a food processor and process until all ingredients are finely chopped (about 20 seconds) .
3. Add the processed mixture, the chopped cherry tomatoes, and the chopped cauliflower to the zucchini stir with a spoon until all ingredients are well mixed .
4. Garnish with some extra Italian parsley or Basil. Bon Appétit!
Tonight I also mixed in some chopped spinach to add more volume to the salad and it was absolutely delicious!