After my usual day filled with an abundance of juicy, delicious fruits, I’m always ready for a savory jumbo green salad packed with plant-based proteins come dinnertime. It’s really amazing how once you start habitually eating clean, natural food, your body starts to truly crave the good stuff all the time– to the point where processed foods do not even seem edible. Most nights, I actually do not bother making a salad dressing since I like to taste every flavor of every vegetable. Tonight, however, I had this super ripe mango that was just calling for me to get creative and jazz up my greens and chopped veggies. I sincerely thank you, my dear mango, for encouraging that little extra effort because it was worth every last bite!
Whole Salad Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 Salad
- 1 Ripe mango
- 1 Cup grape tomatoes
- 1 Cup cilantro
- 1 Fresh garlic clove
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1/2 Inch sliced fresh ginger, add more or less to taste
- Juice of one orange
- 1 Head romaine lettuce
- 2 Cups spinach
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, shredded
- 1/4 Cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Green onions, chopped
- 3 Sweet mini peppers, chopped
- 1/4 of 1 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 TSP Raw sesame seeds
1. In a Vitamix blender, combine all of the dressing ingredients and blend on high until all of the ingredients are well combined, and the dressing is smooth.
2. Mix all of the salad ingredients (except the sesame seeds) in a big bowl. Pour the dressing over top and sprinkle the seeds on top. Too easy, too delicious!