Happy Fourth of July, everyone! This is one of my favorite holidays because there is always so much fresh summer fruit to go around. Yes, we tend to celebrate by gathering together around the BBQ, but I’ll be the one carrying in the 15 pound watermelon and now these absolutely delectable patriotic berry banana parfaits! Even if you’re not in the USA today to celebrate America’s birthday, please do your tastebuds and your stomach a favor and try these out. I promise you’ll be sweetly satisfied!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 parfaits
- 18-20 strawberries
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1 Cup blackberries
- 2 Cups blueberries
- 3-4 Frozen bananas
- Optional: 1 Young Thai Coconut
1. In a high-speed blender, blend frozen bananas and optional coconut water and coconut meat (from the Young Thai coconut) until creamy. Be careful not to over blend, as the contents will melt. Set in the freezer while you prep the other layers.
2. In a high-speed blender, combine 1.5 cups whole strawberries (about 8) and 1/2 cup of raspberries until very smooth. Chop up about another 8 strawberries and mix them into the liquid by hand. Place in the fridge.
3. Wash out the blender and then combine 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of blackberries until very smooth. You can add in some regular filtered water or coconut water, depending on how thin or thick you want the sauce.
4. Now you’re ready to layer! Get out your favorite parfait glasses and layer your ingredients according to your taste! I did a layer of banana ice cream, a layer of fresh blueberries, a layer of the strawberry mixture, a layer of fresh blueberries and blackberries mixed, another layer of banana ice cream, another layer of the strawberry mixture, and then to top it off I put one final small scoop of banana ice cream and poured the blueberry/blackberry mixture (step 3) over top and added any remaining fresh berries. Garnish with some fresh mint for extra pizzazz!