Cherries are one of my favorite smoothie ingredients. They always seem to add the perfect fruity sweetness to any combo. It’s hard to find good ones this time of year, but I was lucky enough to pick some up at a nearby market. If you can’t find the fresh variety, frozen cherries will work just fine for this smoothie.
If their beautiful, bright red color and sweet flavor aren’t enough, check out these awesome health benefits of cherries:
- Rich in vitamins A, C, and E
- A great source of fiber
- Helps to regulate your heart rhythm
- They contain melatonin, which regulates your sleep cycle
- Helps reduce your risk of heart disease, cancer, and diabetes
- Reduces oxidative stress in the brain & increase circulation, thereby improving communication between neurons
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 Large Smoothie
- 2 Bananas
- 1.5 Cups fresh or frozen cherries
- 1 Cup fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1 Cup (more or less for desired consistency) of your choice of coconut water, plain water or almond milk
- Optional: 2 Medjool dates for extra sweetness!
1. Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until completely smooth. Pour the smoothie into your favorite cup or jar and enjoy!