The holidays have finally arrived! While we say that this is the most wonderful time of year, I’m also going to add that for a lot of people, this is the most tempting time of the year. Tons of cakes, cookies, chocolates, pies, candies and other processed holiday treats seem to pop up everywhere. With that in mind, I’m happy to share my gluten-free, dairy-free, no-bake Coconut Goji Fudge Bars. The colors are just right for the festive season and the ingredients’ natural sweetness is sure to cut those tempting holiday cravings.
Best of all, these are incredibly simple and quick to make. In less than 15 minutes you’ll have yourself a merry little tray of delicious treats.
I hope you enjoy these bars as much as I do, and I wish everyone a wonderful holiday and a happy, healthy New Year!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Approximately 12 Bars
- 2 Cups Medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp. Raw carob powder
- 1 TSP. grated fresh vanilla bean or vanilla powder
- 2 TBSP. soaked almonds (use dried mulberries as a nut-free substitute)
- 3-4 TBSP shredded coconut
- 2-3 TBSP Goji berries
- 2-3 TBSP raw pumpkin seeds, chopped to pieces in a food processor or blender
1. In a food processor, add dates, carob powder, vanilla, and almonds (or mulberries), and pulse until evenly combined in a dough-like consistency.
2. Spread the carob-date mixture into a wax paper-lined square brownie pan. If the mixture becomes too sticky, wet your fingertips with water and continue pressing the mixture into the pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the coconut, chopped pumpkin seeds, and goji berries. Completely cover the fudge base with this mixture. Using your hands, press the topping into the base. Place the pan in the fridge for 30-60 minutes for everything to set.
4. Remove the pan from the fridge and use a sharp knife to slice up your desired-size bars. Serve and enjoy!