Shame on me for not posting this quick recipe before Christmas, but the truth is that I had no plans of even making it. It just so happened that yesterday (Christmas day), I had a few extra limes and a big, bright red pomegranate sitting on my counter. The two colors looked so vibrant and festive and were just calling me to make something celebratory.
This holiday “refreshmint” tasted so delicious and looked so beautiful that I’m now excited to share one of my easiest recipes ever. And even though Christmas is gone for another year, you can totally entertain with these at your upcoming New Years celebration. Actually, everyday is a day to celebrate, so treat yourself, your family, and your friends to delicious fare anytime, anywhere!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 glass
- 3/4 Cup pomegranate juice
- 3/4 Cup coconut water (or plain water)
- 1 Lime
- Small handful of fresh mint
- 1/3 Cup frozen cranberries
1. Mix the pomegranate juice and coconut water together in a glass. If you don’t have a juicer or can’t find fresh pomegranate juice, you can place pomegranate arils in a nut-milk bag and squeeze out the juice by hand. (Mashing them inside the glass with a spoon also works, if you’re OK with a little pom pulp!)
2. Add the juice of 1/2-1 lime, depending on how tart you like your drink.
3. Toss in a few fresh mint leaves and frozen cranberries to keep it chilled and to give it that fancy, festive holiday look.
4. Optional: add some ice cubes to make it extra chilly.
Cheers to 2014!